Lady bug  KEN wrote 8 months ago

Where can I get an INR meter to test myself? I do it at the doctor's office and it looks pretty easy.

Dolphin  martbm51 - - posted 8 months ago

I tried to buy my own machine, but found that they wanted you to be a doctor to purchase one. My doctor wrote a perscription for the INR machine and my insurance approved it as long as it was being monitored. I received the machine from MI-INR out of Florida (you can contact them). They send me test strips and they bill my insurance company. I have to call in my results once a week to MD-INR and they pass the reading on to my doctor. If anything looks unusual, then I get a call from my doctor. I have been doing this for over 8 years. It works out great.

Reply to martbm51

Puppy sleep  Cindy in nj - (4) - posted about 2 months ago

Do you use the the coag xs machine?

Lady bug  KEN - (7) - posted 8 months ago

Thanks for the advise, I called them but go no reply and after a few days looked up other providers and found www.AdvancedCardioServices.com out of CA. They were actually able to verify my insurance, get a Rx from my doctor and shipped the meter out the next day to a trainer that is going to come show me how to use it. They seem really professional and on point. Looking forward to being able to test myself from home! :)

Reply to KEN

Lady bug  KEN - (7) - posted 7 months ago

I'm finding all of this great medical stuff online now that my doctor never told me about! First home INR testing and now I just found a site with the best prices I've seen for all of my other medical supplies. www.Expressmed.com

Reply to KEN

Bmw m5  Diane - - posted 7 months ago

what site please? Thank You

Reply to Diane

Eagle  elaine - - posted 7 months ago

Please go to: www.inrselftest.com and you will find a ton of information.

Reply to elaine

Dolphin  martbm51 - - posted 7 months ago

Sounds like you got it handled. Good luck. I'm sure you are going to be happier doing your own at home. I monitor my INR's and make my own adjustments. I live with it every day, so I know better than they do what adjustments need to be made and how much. Hope you can get to the same point.

Reply to martbm51