Black f1  Leyra wrote 22 days ago

Anyone else struggling to purchase an INR meter to test at home??

Dolphin  def3def3def3 - (99) - posted 10 days ago

Reply to def3def3def3

Fantasy avatar 7  Mlynne1234 - - posted 16 days ago

I looked to Amazon and saw that the price started at about $700.00. There is no way I can ever afford that! If you end up with 2, maybe you can sell me one of them.

Reply to Mlynne1234

Black lambo  vanwild34@gmail.com - - posted 17 days ago

Hi Leyra, I'm waiting for my INR tester from my hospital this was 3 weeks ago. I've been assured that they will post it to me soon. If I don't receive my INR at home test by my next date. I will considering to buy one myself and just keep waiting for theirs. Keep trying get quotes don't give up, An INR at home check test is freedom for me to travel and get around. Australia.

Reply to vanwild34@gmail.com

Fantasy avatar 7  Mlynne1234 - - posted 22 days ago

I have my health insurance through V.A. and they really seem unconcerned with my health and safety. My VA doctor sent me home today with a 7.1 INR. They have repeatedly refused to give me a home testing unit. Right now I am feeling a tightness in my chest but I have no way to get to the hospital.

Reply to Mlynne1234

Black lambo  vanwild34@gmail.com - - posted 17 days ago

Wow, mate get to the doctor and reduce the walfrin amount with there advise that seems too high.

Reply to vanwild34@gmail.com

Fantasy avatar 7  Mlynne1234 - - posted 16 days ago

Last week when I tested at 7.1, I consulted with the doctor and he said to stay off the warfarin for 3 days, then go to 10mg a day. I am also taking amiodarone, which increases the potency of the warfarin. i tested again today and I was at 2.0 ... which is a bit low, but a lot better than I was. Thanks for the advice!

Reply to Mlynne1234