Tiger cub  Patatie wrote over 2 years ago

I've taken Warfarin since 1998. I was 48 when I had a blood clot in my eye. My Rheumatologist managed therapy but he RETIRED in August. Replacement Dr in same office won't manage PT/INR labs, and won't say why. Primary Care Dr. won't manage this either. Coumadin Clinic at hospital won't manage take this on because I travel between two residences (Maine and CT) Said I have to be in Maine every month unless I can get an Rx to carry with me. BUT, I have NO DR to write script. My retired rheumatologist said Xaralto nor pradaxis are suitable for me to take. He said I need to stay on Warfarin. I trusted him with my life and now I have been left adrift. What can I do?

Puppy sleep  Cindy in nj - (5) - posted about 2 years ago

Sounds to me no one wants to take responsibility. If you visit an emergency room and they dischg you they "have to give you a referral to the "on-call"physician (in NJ, this is the law), ask for a neurologist "on-call for the day you visit theER, then call him/her up for appt. if they were "on-call" they are
required to take you. Good luck😊 ask if this is the same for state in which you are in... You can call the ER on the phone and they can tell you prior to your visit there!

Aston martin mid air  xenon - (59) - posted about 2 years ago

Here's the page in wikipedia.

Reply to xenon

Aston martin mid air  xenon - (59) - posted about 2 years ago

Get a home test monitor, like a glucose monitor.Doctor must write script for this.You are rent it, most insurance pay, it's about the same size as glucose monitors.Nurse will come to home to demo, you try it, INR will result.You phone your doctor and phone the company who made it.Real simple.You perform this once a week, or how often you want.It works!

Reply to xenon

Puppy sleep  Cindy in nj - (5) - posted about 2 years ago

Be careful: depending on what you are taking the coumadin/warfarin for, such as antiphospholipid syndrome, these machines are inaccurate.

Parakeets  mac - (58) - posted about 2 years ago

Why not register your concern with the Department of Health and Human Services
221 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333

Phone: 207-287-3707
Fax: 207-287-3005
if the Doctors your referring to are in that state. If in CT it is 410 Capitol Avenue, PO Box 340308, Hartford, CT 06134 / Phone: 860-509-8000

Reply to mac